Timothy’s primary areas of practice are Property Law, including Commercial Landlord & Tenant, Residential Landlord and Tenant disputes involving long-leaseholds, enfranchisement, restrictive covenants and rights of way.
He was recently instructed in the following matters:
- International Cross Border Property Investment dispute in Brazil.
- Mortgage Fraud against the Halifax PLC and a breach of contract dispute in respect of a development in Southwark, London
- Professional Negligence claim against a well known commercial agent. He has also acted in a negligence claim against solicitors in relation to the purchase of Land near Neath in South Wales.
- Banking Law, including a complex Claim on behalf a niche commercial Islamic Bank based in Mayfair London involving The Loan Market Association in respect of a claim for £167m, breach of contract claims and complex repossession claims for and against lenders.
- Cross border disputes
- International Arbitration Claim (in the ICC-Paris) against the Federal Republic of Nigeria in respect of a Claim for £9m and a claim against a former President of Uganda.
- Fraud: including a cross border to reclaim monies on behalf of a company in liquidation involving California and England.
- Cross border dispute concerned with the sale of business property at an under value in England in circumstances where it was alleged that the proceeds were transferred to Jersey, India and eventually San Francisco.
- Contract disputes of various types and sizes.